21 January | TUESDAY Club Meeting. Note: NEW Venue AND DAY, Matthew Flinders Hotel Bistro, 667 Warrigal Rd, Chadstone from 6:00pm - Matthew Flinders Hotel PLEASE NOTE: Change of DAY & DATE, due to RSL closing down its bistro permanently!
Club Vehicle Permit
When applying for a club permit through the Capri Car Club Inc, new members are required to pass a 6 months probationary period before being allowed access to the club permit scheme. Members are also required to attend a number of club events; this includes club meetings, car shows, motorsport events etc.

The Victorian club permit scheme allows members of car clubs (including motorcycle, trailer/caravan and machinery clubs) that are recognised by VicRoads to make limited use of historic vehicles on the road network.

A club permit can be issued to vehicles in the following categories:

• Veteran vehicles:
  Vehicles manufactured before 1 January 1919
• Vintage vehicles:
  Vehicles manufactured after 31 December 1918 and before 1 January 1931
• Classic and Historic vehicles:
  Vehicles manufactured after 31 December 1930, but more than 25 years before the date of the application for a club permit

These categories can include trailers and modified vehicles such as street rods. Vehicles which are replicas of vehicles in the abovementioned categories may also be issued with a club permit.

Club permits are issued for 12 month periods and vehicles are issued with specific club permit plate(s).

Under the new conditions of use, permit holders are no longer restricted to club sanctioned activities when using their vehicles. Club Permit vehicles can be used at any time for any purpose other than for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward.

A logbook is issued to permit holders to record the use of the vehicle over the permit period. A log book entry must be made each day that the vehicle is used (unless the vehicle is within 100 metres of the garaged address).

A logbook must be carried in the vehicle, or on the rider in the case of motorcycles, at all times the vehicle is in use.

Financial members of VicRoads’ approved clubs are able to apply for either a 45 or 90 day permit depending on how much use they expect to make of their vehicles over a 12 month period. If a person obtains a 45 day permit but later decides that this is not enough, another 45 day permit may be purchased later on.

However, no-one will be able to obtain a permit to drive their vehicle for more than 90 days in each 12 month registration period.

Other features of the new scheme include:
• A windscreen label will be issued to assist in identifying vehicles operating with a current permit
• VicRoads may suspend or cancel a permit if the permit holder fails to comply with the permit conditions or engages in conduct   which threatens public safety or undermine the integrity of the permit scheme
• Clubs are required to sign an agreement with VicRoads that they meet certain obligations including that they notify VicRoads if   they become aware or reasonably suspect a pattern of incorrect use of a logbook by a member. If this is not done, VicRoads will   be able to revoke the club’s approval to be part of the scheme.

Club permit holders already on the scheme prior to 1 February 2011 have been issued with a free 90 day transitional logbook. The transitional logbook will be able to be used until the current permit expires. The logbook is valid until the permit expiry date and allows use up to a maximum of 90 days prior to the expiry date.

Permit holders operating with the transitional logbook are not issued with a windscreen label or log book certificate sticker until the current permit is renewed after 1 February 2011.

Slim line club permit number plates will be made available upon commencement of production.

Applying for a club permit
To apply for a club permit you will need to complete a Club Permit Application form together with:

• written verification by the club secretary (or person authorised by VicRoads) that the applicant for the club permit is a member   of the car club
• in the case of a club historic vehicle that is not a street rod, a current certificate of roadworthiness or a letter from a scrutineer   authorised by the club, stating that the vehicle is safe for use on the road
• in the case an application made in respect of a street rod, that is a vehicle modified in excess of the level prescribed in the   Vehicle Standards Information No.8. (VSI8) document [PDF, 1.06 MB, 6pp.], a Street Rod Inspection certificate issued by Jean -   Christophe Bonneville (VASS No. 1042) of Bonneville Consulting, 19 Cantala Court, Endeavour Hills, Victoria 3802. Bonneville   Consulting can be contacted on Tel: 0427212464.
• Club Permit fee - refer to Permits (Club, Rally and Unregistered Vehicle Permits)

Refunds are not available for Club Permits if the period for which the permit was obtained has commenced.

Number plates
If you submit your Club Permit application at one of the following VicRoads Customer Service Centres, you will receive your number plates on the spot. If you go to any other Customer Service Centre you will have to wait for the delivery of your number plates.

• Bendigo
• Broadmeadows
• Bundoora
• Burwood
• Carlton
• Frankston
• Geelong
• Mildura
• Morwell
• Sunshine
• Warrnambool
• Wodonga

Find your closest VicRoads office